A solo show from Derek tonight with some old favourites from EST (the impossibly beautiful Seven Days of Falling), Carmen Lundy (featuring the spoken words of Langston Hughes’ I’ve Known Rivers and Tubby Hayes’ Down in the Village (recently revived by Japanese jazzers Quasimode).
There was also a great Latin Jazz section in celebration of another Cosmic Jazz Club night – 23 September at Saints Wine Bar here in Ipswich. More details of the show elsewhere on the blog.
1. Alberto Favero – Primer Movimiento
2. Esbjorn Svensson Trio – Seven Days of Falling
3. Carmen Lundy – One More River to Cross
4. Roland Kirk – Making Love After Hours
5. Roland Kirk – The Call
6. Nostalgia 77 – Steps of the Sun
7. Ravi Coltrane – For Zoe
8. Mulatu Astake and the Heliocentrics – Masenqo
9. Nation of Multiverse – Can You Feel How I Feel?
10. 45 aka Swing-0 – I Believe
11. Soil & “Pimp” Sessions – Sahara
12. Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers – Kyoto
13 Mingus Big Band – Cumbia & Jazz Fusion
14. Dizzie Gillespie y Machito – Exuberante
15. The Tubby Hayes Quintet – Down in the Village
16. Michael Brecker – Madame Toulouse