Tonight’s show featured the music choices of Richard Beckton from the Ipswich Jazz Club. Richard included the characteristic west coast sound of Pacific Jazz Records – founded in Los Angeles in 1952 – but he also ranged far beyond this to the solo piano of Jessica Williams and the late orchestrations of Duke Ellington. We loved the eclectic selection and – as always – Richard’s encyclopaedic knowledge of the wide world of jazz.
Derek and Neil featured new music from Jan Garbarek, Soil and “Pimp” Sessions and Kira Neris. As always, tell us what you think of what you heard via a comment and if you missed all or part of the show, just check out the music via our Listen Again facility.
- Jan Garbarek – Paper Nut
- Soil and “Pimp” Sessions – Stolen Moments (feat. Jamie Cullum)
- Jelly Roll Morton – Mamie’s Blues
- Laurindo Almeida and Bud Shank – Blue Baiao
- Wes Montgomery – Bock to Bock
- Lester Bowie – Rios Negros
- Dave Brubeck – Softly William Softly
- Chet Baker – Band Aid
- Kira Neris – Together (feat. Cecilia Stalin)
- Jessica Williams – The Greator has a Master Plan
- McCoy Tyner – Walk Spirit, Talk Spirit
- Gilad Atzmon – Autumn in Baghdad
- Duke Ellington – Tourist Point of View
- Liane Carroll – Perfect Day
Next week, we’ll have more new piano music – tracks from the epic new Keith Jarrett triple CD Testament, McCoy Tyner’s latest live solo concert and Vijay Iyer’s stunning new trio release Historicity.