A solo show from Neil tonight with music from across the jazz spectrum and beyond. Two pianists started the show: Texan Robert Glasper with an electric track from his Double Booked recent release, featuring Dwele on vocals, and another track from the magnificent new Steve Kuhn Coltrane tribute (see Cosmic Jazz feature for more details). Then we poured in a percussion interlude from Airto, a classic from GSH, two left field technojazz pieces and more before heading back to the eternally inventive format of the jazz piano trio.
Included in the show was Stan Tracey’s Starless and Bible Black – subject of our most recent Jazztracks feature.
It’s all in the mix on Cosmic Jazz!
- Robert Glasper – All Matter
- Steve Kuhn Trio with Joe Lovano – Crescent
- Airto – After These Messages
- Gil Scott Heron – Spirits
- Black Mahogani – Black Mahogani
- Nik Bartsch’s Ronin – Modul 39_8
- Corey Wilkes – Funkier Than a Mosquito’s Tweeter
- The Three Sounds – Sittin’ Duck
- Geoff Eales Trio – Magister Ludi
- Abdullah Ibrahim – Ishmael
- Dub Colossus – Negus Dub
- Deodato – Do It Again
- Paul Motian Band – Goodbye Porkpie Hat
- McCoy Tyner – Naima
- Stan Tracey Quartet – Starless and Bible Black
- Vijay Iyer – Mystic Brew (Trixation version)
- Quantic and his Combo Barbaro – Undelivered Letter