It’s Bonfire Night here in the UK – a celebration of the hanging of 17th century parliamentary firestarter Guy Fawkes. It must have been MP expenses in 1605 that got him all lit up.
Here in the Cosmic Jazz studio we’ve got the usual incendiary mix of great jazz to keep you warm on a cold autumn night. New music tonight comes from Christian Prommer’s Drumlesson, Donny McCaslin and [re:jazz] and there’s more from the recent Keith Jarrett and Portico Quartet releases.
- Wayne Shorter – Miracle of the Fishes
- Jan Garbarek – Paper Nut
- Francisco Mora Catlett – Iron Master
- Ndikho Xaba and the Natives – Nomusa
- Soil and “Pimp” Sessions – My Foolish Heart ~ crazy in mind ~
- Donny McCaslin – Rock Me
- Big Bang – Spiral Waltz Indigo Jam Unit Remix (The GUYNAMUKAT peak time jazz dance edit)
- Tomasz Stanko – Sleep Safe and Warm
- Frank Morgan – Lullaby
- Keith Jarrett – London XII
- De La Soul – I Be Blowin’
- Christian Prommer’s Drumlesson – Planeteria
- Rosalia de Souza – Louiza Manequim
- Portico Quartet – Dawn Patrol
- Pharoah Sanders – Greetings to Idris
- [re:jazz] – Star Chasers
And now the return of the Youtube video! This week it’s Keith Jarrett in a concert from the 1970s with an encore. It sounds very like the one played in the Bremen concert (1973) and recorded on the ECM triple album released that year.
It’s not though – the little coda tacked onto the end is different. Does anyone know when and where?