Neil is back this week with more great new music including tracks from pianist Dave Stapleton, saxophonist Rudresh Mahanthappa and the stars of the new Manchester jazz scene Matthew Halsall and Nat Birchall. We also found time to squeeze in a track from the reissue of Mary Lou Williams’ celebrated Black Christ of the Andes album and play an exclusive white label release from Jack Pescod and the Barcode Trio from their forthcoming iTunes download album Circles.
It’s all good – it’s all Cosmic Jazz!
The Listen Again facility has not worked this week. It’s thankfully not our fault and – as they say – a team of crack digital engineers are working right now on getting it up and running. Once we’ve got it back, this week’s show will be left up for longer so that you still get a chance to enjoy the music for close on a whole week.
Watch this space…
- Erik Truffaz – Tarana
- Nat Birchall – Akhenaten
- Jack Pescod & Barcode Trio – Paris
- Mary Lou Williams – Koolbonga
- Hank Mobley – Dig Dis
- Mark Murphy – Stolen Moments (Midnight Mood rework)
- Mike Westbrook Concert Band – Waltz (for Joanna)
- Dave Stapleton Quintet – Images
- Matthew Halsall – Mudita
- Wayne Shorter – Angola
- Santucci Scoppa – Nuraghi
- The Dining Rooms – Flamenco Sketches (new rhumba version)
- Rudresh Mahanthappa’s Indo-Pak Coalition – IIT