Neil was back and so there was some new jazz to catch up on, along with a preview of the some of the artists featured in the upcoming London Jazz Festival. It all starts tomorrow and continues until 21 November.
Neil will be there at several of the events and will feature more music from the Festival when he’s back on CJ soon. Expect onsite updates over the next few days.
- Music Inc feat. Charles Tolliver – On the Nile
- Bojan Z – Fuzzlija
- Soweto Kinch – A People with No Past
- Walt Dickerson – Death and Taxes
- Sonny Rollins – Street Runner with Child
- Vanessa Rubin – Mosaic
- Phronesis – Eight Hours
- Yusef Lateef – Bamboo Flute Blues
- Christian Scott – American’t
- Sound Advice – Hi fi
- Kairos Quartet – Long Distance Lien
- Colin Steele – The London Heist
- Charles Lloyd – I Fall In Love Too Easily
- Miles Davis – Miles Runs the Voodoo Down (live)
Video this week comes from the Kairos 4tet live at the Vortex. Soprano saxophonist Adam Waldman is also part of the Sam Crowe group and was featured in a great live set at the Royal Festival Hall last Saturday. Check out both the Kairos Moment and Synaesthesia releases from both bands.