Returned from China, Neil offered a taster of our Best of 2010 review with some great new jazz from William Parker, Charles Lloyd and the Sam Crowe Group. We were back together live this week- and it felt good!
The music was as eclectic as always with a German trio and a new Italian vocalist, an atmospheric mix and a taste of the unique sound of Esperanza Spalding (will Neil ever think she’s as good as people say?!).
Next week will see Neil’s best music of the year – new jazz and more. What was your favourite jazz album or artist of 2010? Send us a comment and let us know.
- Miles Davis – Great Expectations (edit)
- Tied + Tickled Trio – Van Brunt/Van Ness
- Dave Brubeck – Take Five
- Sam Crowe Group – Mother Nature’s Middle Age
- Lonnie Smith – Son of Icebag
- William Parker – I Plan to Stay a Believer
- Roy Ayers Ubiquity – We Live in Brooklyn
- Christian Scott – K.K.P.D
- Idea6 feat. Francesca Sortino – Bells (I’ll be Waiting)
- Floating Points Ensemble – Post Suite/Erik Truffaz and Murcof – Avant L’Aube
- Jerker Kluge’s Deep Jazz – Heaven & Earth
- Esperanza Spalding – Wild is the Wind
- Charles Lloyd Quartet – Mirror
- Donald Byrd – Wind Parade