Tonight’s CJ featured some of the most distinctive alto players on the planet – David Sanborn, Lee Konitz, Kenny Garrett and – of course – Charlie Parker. There was a significant contribution from British jazz, particularly artists from the north west of England and a tribute to the late British composer, director and keyboard player Graham Collier.
- David Sanborn – Comin’ Home Baby
- Dorival Caymmi – Berimbau
- Cannonball Adderley – Fun
- Tyrone Washington – Yearning for Love
- Kenny Garrett – Equinox
- Arun Ghosh – Bondhu
- Lee Konitz – Hugo’s Head
- Matthew Halsall – Music for a Dancing Mind
- Nat Birchall – Radiant Will
- Graham Collier – Lullaby for a Lonely Child
- Charlie Parker – Now’s the Time
- Leon Greening – Ruth
- Kit Downes Trio – Jump Minzi Jump
- Thundercat – Boat Cruise
On video this week is Lee Konitz, live in 2007. The clip is unfortunately short – but a great example of Konitz’s ability to improvise long lines on the standard What’s New.
And because that last clip was so short here’s a bonus: the Marcin Wasilewski Trio at the Starówce Jazz Festival, probably in 2010, with Sławomir Kurkiewicz on bass and Michał Miskiewicz on drums.