More Polish jazz this week from: www.stevesjazzsounds.co.uk. Rafal Sarnecki is a guitarist with an album recorded with New York musicians. Check the YouTube clip below. I can only guess from the title that Szyman Lukowski and his Quintet are paying homage to Bill Evans.
Cosmic Jazz favourites Charles Lloyd and Gato Barbieri returned with long, engrossing, deep and powerful tunes. This is truly music for the body and the spirit. The Brazilian touch this week came via Kathryn Moses from the excellent Private Collection Volume 2 compiled by jazz-dance DJ Kev Beadle. Meanwhile, Matthew Halsall and his Gondwana Orchestra is music that must be heard. I will continue to play tunes from When The World Was One. Better still, get a copy for yourself.
- Rafal Sarnecki – Sueno de Gatos from Cat’s Dream
- Rafal Sarnecki – Piazza Verdi from Cat’s Dream
- Szyman Lukowski Quintet – Ballada dla Billy Evansa from Szyman Lukowski Quintet
- Charles Lloyd – Dream Weaver from Dream Weaver
- Gato Barbieri – Encontros from Chapter One: Latin America
- Kathryn Moses – Music In My Head from Kev Beadle presents Private Collection Volume 2
- Matthew Halsall & the Gondwana Orchestra – Falling Water from When The World Was One