As we get into the New Year, Cosmic Jazz brings the usual global mix of old and new jazz and jazz-relate music.
From Poland came the Michel Wroblewski Trio and from Poland via New York Rafal Sarnecki. From the USA we have enjoyed the album Quintonic by sax player George Garzone accompanied by fellow sax master Jerry Bergonzi.
Carmen Lundy needs no further introduction to anyone who has listened to Cosmic Jazz and the selection of Philip Cohran was inspired by having seen his sons play recently in the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. We have enjoyed, and given a good airing to, the Soul Brother Records Walter Bishop Jr. re-release Soul Village. Gato Barbieri from Argentina and Marcos Valle from Brazil extended our global reach.
- Michel Wroblewski Trio – Take Nine from City Album
- George Garzone – Idiosynchrasies from Quintonic
- Rafal Sarnecki – For Anastazia from Cat’s Cream
- Carmen Lundy – Grace from Soul to Soul
- Philip Cohran & the Artistic Heritage Ensemble – The Minstrel from On the Beach
- Walter Bishop Jr. – Soul Turnaround from Soul Village
- Gato Barbieri – Nunea Mas from Chapter One: Latin America
- Marcos Valle – Aqua de Coco from Brazilian Love Affair
Video this week comes from the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble performing live in Warsaw last year. Enjoy!